Episode 34: The Secure Act 2.0
Jan 18, 2023
The Secure Act 2.0 is nearing final approval and has something in it for everyone. Some of the changes we expected and some of the things we expected weren’t included.
Here are just a handful of the things that we'll discuss:
- Required Minimum Distribution changes to age 73 and will move to age 75 in 2033.
- The Required Minimum Distribution penalty of 50% decreased to 25% and possibly down to 10%.
- Catch-Up contributions have increased and will increase even further for those 60-63 in 2024.
- 529’s that have remaining balances can now be rolled to a Roth IRA for the beneficiary.
- There is still clarification on some things coming down the pike.